Thursday, April 11, 2013

New things for the wedding and more


All of our wedding goodies I have been ordering are slowly coming in! 
Our glasses! They are absolutely perfect.


Personalized M&Ms. We will be making candy goody bags for the kids.
 (I'm disappointed by the gold color.)
There are a few other things that have came in also, but these are the most important! I have started making Pearl's dress for the wedding. She's going to be one of our flower girls. 
Some of the supplies for Pearl's dress. I was too lazy to edit the picture, oops.
We will be having our crafting get together Monday the 22nd! That should be fun, and I know we'll get a lot done. It seems like the date is coming up fast! Luckily, in the past few days we have taken care of most of the big details. Everything is falling into place. Surprisingly, I haven't been too stressed. From the beginning, I told everyone I didn't want it to be a stressful event. I want it to be a nice celebration with our family and closest friends.

We are officially starting our garden! I picked up some plants and trees today. We are going to plant everything when Cory is off. I'll post pictures afterwards. Good luck to us! 

So today I made Pearl some yogurt drops. She loved the packaged ones so much that I decided to make my own. I really want to try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible (when it comes to Pearl). Here are some photos!
I chopped up my own organic strawberries.

Tub of plain yogurt.

Put the yogurt/strawberry mixture in a ziploc bag. Squirt little drops on parchment paper.

Freeze for a hour or so and ta da!
I was going to use strawberry yogurt, but I looked at the ingredients and they scared me. So I used frozen organic strawberries and mixed them into the plain yogurt. Also, by doing it that way I can control how sweet or tart they are. I probably sound crazy. Anyways, they turned out fine. I made Cory taste them first :)

Of course I have to leave you with a picture of Pearl. Bed head and all.
She recently started finger food. EEK!

Have a good weekend! We will be attending two Relay for Life events. Updates later. "Be kind to one another." -Ellen




No comments:

Post a Comment