Thursday, February 6, 2014

Just a little update!


So much has happened in the past six months, and it has flown by. I'm going to update about Pearl and my pregnancy. I'll leave the rest for another time!
Pearl turned 18 months old three days ago! I can't even believe it. She acts like she's three, but I still see her as just a helpless little babe.
Pearl still loves to watch "ehmo ehmo". She also enjoys her sign language DVD and has picked up a couple new signs. Currently,  she's a "picky" eater, won't let me brush her teeth (she tries), won't sit on the potty for more than 10 seconds, and only says words when she wants to. I think it's just her being stubborn, and not wanting to do what we want her to do. Pearl likes to run, scream, and play in the dirt. Lately, she points at her big picture books and asks what each picture is. She has a great sense of humor and makes me laugh daily. Pearl doesn't like being told "no", but she has no problem telling you "no".
I don't think Pearl realizes she has a baby brother coming soon. But if I tell her to "kiss the baby" she kisses my belly. It seems like everyone thinks she's going to be jealous of or too rough with the baby. I don't think that will be the case though. I think she might need a few days to warm up/understand, but after that, I know she will be an awesome big sister.
BTW, I am pretty nervous about having two little ones so close in age. We definitely wanted our kids to be close in age though. I think it'll be a little rough in the beginning, but great when they are a few years older. A big reason we introduced the potty so soon was because baby boy will be here in late May. I just think it will be easier if we start now, so that (hopefully) I won't have two butts to change for very long ;).
Pregnancy is going fine. I am 24 weeks pregnant. I feel huge. I want to eat constantly. I feel like a bum most days. This pregnancy is very different from my first. That's why I thought I was having a boy, but everyone said that doesn't matter. Well look who was right! Our baby boy is due May 27,  2014. All of my check ups have been good. I am switching doctors, and my first appointment is next week. I am hoping this will be a more caring and supportive environment. Anyways, baby boy has been kicking me since 18 weeks. He enjoys wiggling around at night usually around nine. Maybe he knows that's his sister's bedtime. We found out he was a he at 20 weeks. We're still not sure about a name, but we do have one in mind.
My mom and I are beginning to plan my baby shower. I love planning parties (putting it together is another story). The baby shower will be nautical themed "ahoy! It's a boy!"

That's all for now! I really need to start making this more routine. I want my children to have something to look back on when they're teenagers, and know how much I really do love them.

18 months old


I snapped the photo at the right time haha
Pearl kissing her baby brother

24 weeks





No comments:

Post a Comment